It can be so simple, yet so complex in flavor.
I’m not saying this dish is complex in flavor by any means, but it’s simple to make, and it’s good either by itself or with a side of grilled chicken breast.
We received our blender/food processor as a wedding gift over a year ago, and I’m pretty sure I’ve only used the food processor less than a handful of times (right now I only remember using it for making truffles a few weeks back….). I’ve always seen people make sauces and dips with their food processor on TV, but never actually tried it myself. Since I’m a big fan of pesto, I figured this would be a great opportunity to try this baby out.
I’m pleased to say I was quite impressed, and will definitely be finding a lot more dip/sauce recipes to make from now on! Even the hubs, who’s picky, was a big fan and volunteered to bring some to work with him.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cups olive oil
- 1 lb penne pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Place garlic and pine nuts in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Then add basil, red peppers, salt, and black pepper. Pulse on low until combined. Slowly add in the olive oil through the feed tube while the motor is running, and pulse for a few minutes longer until everything is thoroughly combined.
- In a large skillet, toss the pasta with the sauce until all the pasta is evenly covered with sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.