1. I can’t believe it’s already November. In less than two months, we’ll be waving 2014 good-bye and welcoming in 2015. It seemed like it wasn’t all that long ago that I was just making new year resolutions! I honestly think the days and years go by faster as you get older.
2. The weather in Minnesota was gorgeous this fall. It was sunny and warm almost every day… until this week. I’m pretty sure as Daylight Savings Time ended, so did our streak of beautiful warm weather. This past week, it snowed. SNOWED!!!!! And the highs are only supposed to be in the upper teens~lower 20s this weekend and next week.
Can everyone else just pause what they’re doing for a minute and panic with me?
The streets in our neighborhood are completely iced over but thank goodness the highways are clear (for now). I’m already bundled in layers and whining about how cold it is and winter hasn’t even really started yet. I just might decide to hibernate underneath the warmth of my covers for the next 6 months. Wake me up when it’s 50 and above.
***They said these temperatures are about 20 degrees below average for this time of year!***
3. Even though Thanksgiving is the next holiday in line, it seems like all the store shelves are already full of Christmas merchandises and everything peppermint chocolate. I was unable to resist the temptation of all things Christmas and already gave in to all the fun Christmas-y things, just one mere day after Halloween was over (sorry, Thanksgiving!).
4. Call us lame, but Brian and I usually go all out and plan a full Thanksgiving menu for just the two of us. It’s not that we’re loners (or losers)… it’s just that our families and friends either live far far away or have families of their own. Plus with my job, there’s usually a good chance that I’ll be working one (or all) of the major holidays. So for the past few years, we’ve been celebrating by ourselves. This year we’ll be having our Thanksgiving feast on Black Friday (I’ll be working all day Thanksgiving) – we already planned out our entire Thanksgiving menu last weekend, and this weekend I will be constructing a Thanksgiving timeline… because that’s totally what normal non-type-A-OCD-people do, right?
5. I also decided to be ahead of the game this year and ordered our Christmas cards a few weeks ago. They just came in the mail today, and I will be addressing them this weekend so they will be ready to be mailed out right after Thanksgiving. Getting things done way ahead of time makes me feel like I have my life together.
6. Has anyone had these? They’re ridiculously addicting and delicious! I’ve been having a hard time finding them at my local Target – the only place I have seen them is in the checkout aisle.
7. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Just don’t torture your dog with peppermint cookie ice cream like I did…