Warning: lots and lots of cute puppy pictures ahead! :)
My baby boy turned THREE (!!!) a few days ago! Oh man, where did the time go?!
It’s been a fun-filled year for Mr. Bentley. He discovered the tastiness of blueberries, popcorn, cheese, and ice cream.
He still loves to be outside in the summer – I think if it were up to him, he’d be outside every single minute when it’s at least 60 degrees. But he did realize how wonderful it is to just lay outside and soak up the sun, and that not every single minute needs to be about running around.
He’s mellowed out a bit since last year, but there are still days where all he wants to do is be goofy and crazy.
He loves looking through Sur la Table catalogs that we receive in the mail…
He loves staring at us while we eat at the dinner table…
And his new (annoying) naughty habit involves trying to rip socks off of our feet. For some reason it has to be dirty socks. You can throw a pile of clean, fresh-out-of-the-dryer socks at him and it wouldn’t phase him. But a pair of socks on your feet? He’ll rip those off and run around the house with them like it’s some sort of game. I’ve even caught him multiple times with his head in my hamper, digging for socks.
Considering how much I love this boy of mine, it only made sense that I made him something (with love!) for his birthday. These turned out more like muffins instead of the cupcakes I initially envisioned, so I scratched the frosting idea. I don’t think Bentley minded, because he snatched one off the baking sheet right in front of me as I was taking pictures of them!
This recipe is super simple to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have sitting around in your house. It also only requires a few mixing bowls, a whisk, and a spatula… Add ingredients in bowl, mix, spoon into muffin tins, and bake – no rocket science here!
The batter only yields 6 muffins, which is a perfect amount! Bentley’s sharing a few with his friends, because he certainly doesn’t need all 6 muffins to himself, and it’s always more fun to share food with friends. And like I said last year, if your dog has certain dietary restrictions, please consult your veterinarian before making these.
And if you want a little frosting on top of these for your furry friend, you can definitely use the easy frosting recipe I used last year.
It’s been a great three years and I can’t imagine life without him. Thank you for being such a great puppy, Bentley! We love you!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 6 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the egg, peanut butter, vegetable oil, and honey. Whisk until thoroughly combined, then stir in the shredded carrots. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins and bake for 25-27 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool prior to serving. Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Makes 6 muffins
- * If your dog has certain dietary restrictions, please consult your veterinarian before making these.
- ** And please do not feed your dog all 6 of these muffins in one setting! :)
© Simple Everyday Food. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or kindly link back to this post for the recipe.