So a few months ago when we had a pot luck at work, one of my favorite coworkers, Erika, made this amazing buffalo chicken pasta salad she found on Pinterest via Life on LeRoy. It was a hit that day, and I even told her that I’ll take any leftovers home if there was even any left.
Of course, by the end of the day, the entire bowl of pasta she brought was licked clean and empty. It was probably for the better, as I have already had about 2-3 huge helpings of it throughout my 12-hour shift.
Now that it’s finally (FINALLY!) going to be in the upper 60s this weekend, what better way to celebrate the arrival of spring/summer than making some good ole pasta salad?
Instead of using the classic blue cheese & hot sauce combo found in “buffalo sauce”, I found a brand at the grocery store that combined ranch dressing and hot sauce instead and decided to give it a whirl.
Well, it turned out to be quite delicious. A whole box of pasta is a lot when you’re only feeding two people, so my good friend Nicky “volunteered” to help me out and will be bringing some home with her this weekend.
- 1-16 oz light buffalo ranch salad dressing
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 7-8 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine diced onions, celery, shredded chicken, the whole bottle of salad dressing, and pasta together.
- Toss well to make sure everything is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in refrigerator until pasta is chilled throughout.