Today is Bentley’s lucky day – his mamma decided since she’s still on a healthy diet and shouldn’t be making cookies and cupcakes, the best way to to satisfy her baking itch is to make her little puppy some puppy treats instead. That way, Bentley gets homemade biscuits and mommy gets to bake!
These are super easy to make and you really don’t need an electric stand mixer for it either (although I was lazy and decided to put my KitchenAid to work). Including baking time, it only takes about half an hour. Not only is it quick and simple, but according to the website, the best part of these treat is that “your kids can eat them too!”
…I don’t think these would be very popular at a bake sale – although I did try some myself and must say that they don’t taste all that bad.
It was almost as if Bentley knew I was making these just for him…
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, oil, honey, milk, and bananas. Add in the oats and flour. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread out batter on baking sheet with a spatula until it's about 1/4" thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes and cut into small square bites with a pizza cutter when it's cooled down a bit.
- Cut into little square pieces and place on cooling rack for it to cool completely.
Bentley gave his stamp of approval!
Recipe adapted from Animal Planet